As promised, this week’s edition of the shortcuts is completely different. My schedule in the off-line world did take a shift, and with it my available time to read blog after blog after blog – which, don’t get me wrong, I plan on doing, but the pace had to take a dramatic hit. I decided, since I was making a change for the week, to make this one markedly different from what I’ve done so far. None of the usual suspects are here this week; all of these fine bloggers, brothers and sisters in Christ are still writing, and all will re-appear here soon.
This week the list of links is a lot shorter, with no pull quotes, and they are mostly longer articles, but well worth your time.
- Desiring God | Does “Mere Christianity” Mean Eliminate Denominations?
- Patheos | Rise of the tiny church, with its no-cost clergyperson
- Religion News Service | Billy Graham’s grandson takes Christians to task: An interview with Tullian Tchividjian
- Religion News Service | Billy Graham’s grandson: evangelicals ‘worse’ than Catholics on sex abuse
- The Gospel Coalition | When Revival? How Revival?
- The Gospel Coalition | Why the Church Still Needs the Seminary
- The High Calling | Spiritual Gifts: They’re Not Just For Church
- Phoenix Preacher | Chuck Smith Has Passed Away
- WORLD Magazine | Hobby Lobby’s Hanukkah crisis
- WORLD Magazine | A long way from Tehran
May God continue to bless all of you, and thanks for stopping in.